Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Argh. Stupid Summer Session!

Well, finals are over and it brings me to a week-weekend or two of relaxation. I didn't do that great on both of my classes but I guess I could have done worse than two Bs. Does hurt my GPA a little bit, but I'll manage.

I recently found a blog by a girl named, Courtney Kirchoff titled simply, www.courtneykirchoff.com.Buy her book!

Seriously, she has a lot of interesting posts about her decision to liveaboard in the near future, her experience writing and self-publishing, quirky spider attacks, as well as information about her dogs and her horse. Her posts make me think about the things we have in common and that which I miss so much. I miss my horse, Roulette Double Diamond. Just a little Morgan, but I miss that man a lot.

So I started thinking about some of my old blogs from back when I was a little idiot (not much has changed except now I'm an average size idiot). I'll post a stupid excerpt about my fabulous slaying of a dragon... and by dragon I mean yellowjacket on the next post. The fact that she is a writer is pretty familiar too. But alas, she also got me thinking how much I've been through and how much my dog means to me.

I got my girl about 3 years ago when she, Cali, was 9 weeks old. She was the runt of the pack and the quiet sulky one hiding behind chairs and not playing with the other puppies when it came time to select them. Something about her popped at me. This dog is timid one who is definitely stronger than she appears right now. Young but not so much energy (that was definitely a misconceived thought I assure you).

She is a genius dog... and honestly, probably smarter than a few people I've known. Potty trained in seconds, sitting, laying down, speaking all by about 6 months. I'll post a couple videos below. I noticed the video of her at about 6 months I have this high pitched voice. I think I was playing with her and was excited she was actually doing tricks consistently. So pardon my... happiness.


Cali Over the Shoulder Modeling
Rare Moment of Pooped
Pondering if it's Time to Play

You can just see her age and mature. I won't lie, nor will I go into many details but she has saved my life without knowing it. She also tried to save my life when I had an accident on the ice and couldn't move, so this girl means the world to me. So, knowing that...
The Calinator - Sent from one possible future to ensure the safety of Jeremy Cockroach and... therefore, the world.
Half dog, half angel, half robot. One and a half badass.
 My camera may have done something weird to her eyes OR the caption is true. Frankly, which is more plausible? Yeah, thought so. Other future is the only likely reason.

Just Hanging Out - She hates cameras...
She really is the happiest, easiest, most amazing dog I've ever had or seen. She really is the kind of dog that goes with the flow and is just happy to be around you. You couldn't upset this pup. I'll leave with this last photo a friend shopped for me. Sorry to bore you.
Midlick

4 comments:

  1. No better pet to have then a dog!! Always happy to see you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. True story. It is definitely a perk when you come home and there is a happy excited face to greet you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dogs are great...but cat's are more fun to annoy.
    Hollywood, as for the grades...as a long time manager who does ALL the hiring for years now(oooh my age just got bruised)...we don't care what your grades were...we just want to know that you really graduated and have a brain enough to do the job...it is AFTER you get the job that you have to prove your worth...the diploma just opens the door...so relax on your grades...you are doing great with B's. I had a friend who once said, "If the minimum wasn't good enough to pass, then there wouldn't be a minimum!"...Doll (& Capt'n too)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well said, Doll. I also enjoy cats for their 'special' personalities. See if you step on a dogs tail accidentally, its sad for but a few seconds. Step on a cats, it'll hold a grudge for years thinking of ways to get you back.

    Like the quote there! Smart friend.

    ReplyDelete