Wednesday, July 27, 2011

The night I slayed a dragon...

If you care to read about this amazing night, read along. If not, don't click matey!

I, the great Knight of Nothing, was extremely weary after a long day of travel.
(After work and school, I was very exhausted and tired...)

I found a clearing next to a line of trees from the forest and I sat sharpening my sword.
(I was bored and finishing my homework on the computer...)

I feared it was another long travel on the next sun, so I soon disrobed to my under garments and prepared for bed.
(While doing my homework I remembered Eric, my ex roommate, used to say when he lived alone he would just sit around his apartment in his boxers. I've never done this yet, so decided tonight would be perfect. I took off my shirt, removed my pants and continued to do my homework...)


I soon was content with the sharpness of the sword and stepped away from my belongings to attend to my business, when I heard wings flutter above my head. Assure it was naught but a bird, I turned to look. A quick gasp left from my mouth before I could react. And I saw a fearsome dragon!
(Sitting at the computer I heard a weird buzzing sound near my living room light. I was pretty sure a damn junebug got in and was flying into the bulb, but I saw a yellowjacket instead!...)

Thinking on my feet I broke for the safety of the tree line to gather my thoughts.
(Due to the fact I'm allergic and yellowjackets being very aggressive, he chased me into the kitchen...)


The dragon could not follow.
(For some reason it didn't come into the kitchen...)

I was without my clothes and without my weapons, I had no choice but to retrieve my gear.
(I was nearly naked, allergic to the angry bastards, and standing in the kitchen...)


I saw a opportunity and I went for it. Running as fast as I could I ran and lunged for my gear. Grabbed what I could and ran back into the forest when a ball of fire destroyed what was left.
(I bolted for my bedroom, across the living room and quickly put on my sweater, and sweat pants and sandles...)


Without my sword I looked for something I could use to bring this beast down. There near by I fond a 6' long iron bar.
(So I ran back to the kitchen to get my broom...)

The dragon soon landed near the burning remains of what was left of my gear and I lunged toward it.
(The insect was next to the light and I smashed and held the broom to him, pressing against the wall...)


The firebreather was angered. Snapping his massive jaws at the pole.
(The damn thing was still alive, it started attempting to headbutt/sting my broom-head...)

I lunged again.

(same thing happened...)

This time the dragon swung his massive head downwards towards the ground. A rupturious thunder soon sounded. Birds fled the safety of their trees to fly away. I plunged the makeshift spear into its neck. Pulled and repeated.
(The insect flew to about 3 feet above the ground and I swung the broom downwards and knocked him down. I swung again and again... and then stepped on him with my flip-flop...)


The beast was dead! I removed a tooth for a trophy. I will soon be honored. Bards will sing of this day!
(I got an envelop and scooped it on top of it with the broom, and then flushed it... YAY!)

Lame, I know. Sadly but only my early 20s.

No comments:

Post a Comment