Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Sea Education Association Semester (SEA Semester)

Not sure how many people who know about his, but it's an interesting looking program. Basically, there is a shore component where you learn things like oceanography, nautical science, maritime studies and more depending on the exact program. Then there is a sea component of things like practical oceanographic research, field methods, navigation etc.

I'll leave a link, here, where you can find out more information. The only thing is... it's pretty expensive. More than I'd be able to pay unless I got some serious financial aid. I might actually put up a donation link, albeit not expecting anything but couldn't hurt either way eh?

I think all of the programs are interesting, but the ones I like the most are Energy & the Ocean Environment, Oceans & Climate, Documenting Change in the Caribbean, and Ocean Exploration. Besides a general interest, I tried to avoid the Pacific ones. It would be hard enough to do the program, let alone a flight across the nation.

Anyways, I've started the process to make sure I'll get college credit through my University. So, if I can get that crossed, I'll apply and see what financial aid/grants/etc I can get out and see what my upfront cost will be and go from there.

That's it for now. Fingers crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment